According to the decision taken on June 20, 2010, by the Israeli Security Cabinet, the Government of Israel - having reviewed the propositions put forward by the USG, the OQR and others - formed two categories of listed items whose entry into Gaza would be subject to Israeli control. Items not included in either would be allowed into Gaza without specific permission.
The lists are:
List no. 1: Items Subject to Specific Permission
1. Arms and Munitions: forbidden transfer under all circumstances across Israel's frontiers without specific permits - as defined in the Control of Exports Security Order (Arms and Munitions) 5768-2008, and in the Control of Exports Security Order (Missile Equipment) 5768-2008.
2. Dual Use goods and items: liable to be used, side by side with their civilian purposes, for the development, production, installation or enhancement of military capabilities and terrorist capacities. This list comprises:
- Items listed under the Wassenaar Arrangement: As specified in the updated (2008) "Wassenaar Arrangement on Export Controls for Arms and Dual Use Goods and Technologies - List of Dual Use Goods and Technologies and Munitions List."
- Items whose entry into the PA Areas is controlled based on Israeli legislation: i.e. materials and equipment liable to be used for terror attacks and technology that could be used by terrorists - as defined in the Control of Exports Security Order (Controlled Dual Use Equipment Transferred to the PA Areas) 5768-2008 and in Orders of the OC Central Command.
These lists include, in detail, a range of chemicals used in the production of explosives (including certain fertilizers); specific types of metal profiles; ball bearings; lathes and their parts; composite materials; hunting knives and machetes; optical equipment, such as lasers and night vision goggles; certain navigation aides; diving equipment; parachutes, gliders and other nonmotorized airborne vehicles; flares and fireworks; avionics and flight control equipment; missile related computer technologies; rock drills and equipment drawing water from excavated sites.
- Items not necessarily included in the lists above but whose entry into Gaza is controlled, as detailed below:
i. Items and chemicals which could be used in the production of high trajectory weapons (rockets and mortars) by Hamas and other terror groups in Gaza - Fertilizers or other mixtures - specifically containing KCl at more than 5%; Epoxy and Vinyl Ester resins; Hardeners for Epoxy Resins containing Amides or Amines; Accelerators for Vinyl Esters; HTPB; Water purification solutions at concentrations higher than 11%.
ii. Items used as raw materials for improving protection for terror activists
- Fibers or woven fabrics containing Carbon or Glass variants.
List No. 2: Construction Items and Materials to be Allowed Entry into Gaza only for PA-authorized Projects Implemented by the International Community
While such items are liable to be used for Hamas military purposes (building bunkers, fortifying positions and digging tunnels) Israel will permit their entry into Gaza so as to facilitate construction projects in Gaza - authorized by the PA and implemented and monitored by the international community.
This list includes:
- Portland cement and lime (in bulk, bags or barrels)
- Natural and Quarry aggregates and all varieties of gravel
- Ready concrete
- Precast concrete elements and products
- Steel elements and/or construction products
- Iron for foundations and columns, at any diameter (including wielded steel nets)
- Steel cables of any width
- Forms for construction elements (plastics or galvanized iron)
- Industrialized forms for casting concrete
- Plastic or composite beams more than 4 mm thick
- Thermal isolation materials and products
- Blocs (at any width) - Concrete; Silicate; Ytong or its equivalent; or gypsum
- Materials and products for sealing structures
- Asphalt and its components (Bitumen, emulsion) in aggregate or packaged
- Steel elements or framing products for construction
- Cast concrete elements and products for drainage over 1 m in diameter
- Precast units and sea-borne containers
- Vehicles, excluding private cars and including 4X4 vehicles and other categories of motor vehicles liable to be used in terror activities
- Lumber beams and boards more than 2 cm thick, (liable to be used in "offensive" tunneling aimed at penetrating Israeli territory), unless incorporated in finished products
- Specific procedures, on a case by case basis, will be established so as to permit the transfer of such lumber for other purposes in Gaza.