JUDGMENTS OF THE ISRAEL SUPREME COURT:
FIGHTING TERRORISM WITHIN THE LAW
The Supreme Court of Israel
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs
This is the third volume of 'Judgments of the Israel Supreme Court: Fighting Terrorism within the Law.'
Like the two previous volumes, this volume also contains translations of several decisions given by the Supreme Court on various matters relating to the fight of the State of Israel against terrorism. The cases are brought before the Supreme Court by individuals and human rights organizations. The Supreme Court scrutinizes the conduct of the State of Israel, according to the norms laid down in international law and Israeli internal law, to ensure that the fight against terrorism is conducted within the law, not in contravention thereof.
The cases are presented in this volume in chronological order, according to the date on which the decisions were given. Each case is preceded by a brief synopsis of the issues involved.
Table of Contents
Table of Abbreviations
Access of Palestinians to agricultural land
- Morar v. IDF Commander in Judaea and Samaria
Liability of the state for torts committed by the security forces
- Adalah Legal Centre for Arab Minority Rights in Israel v. Minister of Defence
- Public Committee Against Torture v. Government
- Mayor of Ad-Dhahiriya v. IDF Commander in West Bank
- Mayor of Ad-Dhahiriya v. IDF Commander in West Bank (no. 2)
Route of the security fence
- Yassin v. Government of Israel
Supply of fuel and electricity to the Gaza Strip
- Al-Bassiouni v. Prime Minister
Detention of unlawful combatants
- Iyyad v. State of Israel
Humanitarian relief in the Gaza Strip
- Physicians for Human Rights v. Prime Minister