||Democratic Front for Peace and Equality (HADASH) and National Democratic Alliance (NDA)
Platform for Elections to the 14th Knesset
The comprehensive, just and abiding peace between Israelis and Palestinians and between Israelis and Arabs will be based on the resolutions of the United Nations General Assembly and Security Council. The basic elements of this peace are:
- Israel will withdraw from all the Palestinian territories conquered since the war of June 1967 - the West Bank, the Gaza Strip, eastern Jerusalem, the Syrian Golan Heights and southern Lebanon.
The lines of June 4th, 1967, will be the acknowledged and secure peace borders between Israel and the Palestinian state and the Arab states.
- The Israeli-Palestinian peace will be based on the following principles:
- srael will recognize the Palestinian Arab people's full national right to establish its own sovereign and independent state on territories conquered by Israel in 1967, alongside the State of Israel. The capital of this state shall be eastern Jerusalem.
- A just solution shall be found for the issue of the Palestinian refugees, in accordance with UN resolutions.
- Israel will remove all Jewish settlements established in the occupied territories since June 1967, including eastern Jerusalem.
- The permanent peace agreement will also resolve the issue of sovereignty in Jerusalem: eastern Jerusalem shall be under Palestinian sovereignty, and western Jerusalem under Israeli sovereignty.
- The borders of peace and sovereignty, as well as the peace treaties signed between the parties and states of this region, will be backed by effective international guarantees.
Hadash and the NDA will strive to achieve the following goals:
- To advance the peace process; negotiations on the Israeli-Palestinian permanent status arrangement must begin immediately, based on the principles listed above.
- The release of all Palestinan political prisoners.
- A halt to the policy of Jewish settlement and land appropriation in the territories.
- Israel must fulfil all its obligations in the framework of the peace process. It must put an end to its policy of forced separation, collective punishment and closure, which are stifling the Palestinian people and are used as a means of political blackmail against the Palestinian Authority and the Palestinian people. It must respect the Palestinians' right to move freely within the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, as well as to and from Israel. Palestinians should immediately be granted free access to Jerusalem. Human rights in the occupied territories must be respected.
- A Syrian-Israeli peace agreement must be reached, based on Israeli withdrawal from all Syrian and Lebanese territories conquered since June 1967.
- The strategic agreements between Israel and the United States must be cancelled. Hadash and the NDA will also strive to avert the American plan, coordinated with Israel, to establish strategic military axes in the Middle East. All unconventional weapons in the Middle East must be destroyed, and the area must be made free of weapons of mass destruction. Israel must join the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, and the Israeli nuclear option must be nullified.